Holiday with Ayurveda (Ayurveda Retreat)
As a result, diseases of unknown origin and causes appear:
- Autoimmune and cancerous diseases
- Severe allergic reactions
- Mental disorders, etc.
It is a kind of detachment from daily tension and stress, in order to achieve balance in life through the ancient methods of Ayurveda and yoga.
The change is achieved through adjustments in two main areas – nutrition and lifestyle.
Therefore, the Ayurveda Holiday program offers you a diet tailored to the needs of your body.
- In Holidays with Ayurveda program, is practiced a strictly vegetarian diet.
- Different types of vegetables, fruits, spices and cereals are used.
- The diet is a balanced combination of cooked foods and raw vegetables.
- Good digestion and optimal metabolism are maintained.
Nutrition according to energy type
- The amount of raw and cooked food depends on the energies of Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- For people dominated by Vata, it is recommended to consume more cooked foods.
- For people dominated by Pitta, it is appropriate to eat more raw food.
- For people dominated by Kapha, raw and cooked food should be equal.
Breakfast: fruits and juices
Breakfast is always fresh juice from seasonal fruits or vegetables, for example:
- Neem juice (neem tree) – fresh leaves with added drops of lemon juice
- Tulasi juice (sacred basil) – made from fresh leaves
- Carrot juice with 2 g of ginger root, crushed into a paste
- Aloe vera juice – the leaves are used
- Bitter gourd juice – one of the most commonly used in the program
- Juices of all kinds of seasonal fruits, without mango, watermelon and musk melon
- Pineapple and oranges are the most commonly used fruits for breakfast
- Coffee, black tea and all types of alcohol are avoided in the program
Ginger is added to vegetable juices and black Himalayan salt to fruit juices.
Lunch: Ayurvedic dishes with buttermilk and ghee
Lunch is vegetarian and prepared by an Indian chef according to authentic Ayurvedic recipes.
- Butter corrects all types of digestive disorders.
- Ghee keeps the metabolism in good condition.
- Rice is prepared with various spices for easier digestion.
- A special soup is served to help break down rice.
- Different types of vegetables are used to prepare salads and other dishes.
- Drumstick is the most used vegetable for special dishes.
- Different types of lentils and beans are also served for lunch.
Dinner: light and easy to process food
- Vegetable soup according to the individual type of energy
- Chapati (a type of Indian bread)
- Salad of stewed leaves or other vegetables
In the spirit of Ayurvedic practices, it is recommended that dinner end before sunset.
One day in the Holiday with Ayurveda program
Morning procedures and activities before lunch
- The day always starts 50 minutes before sunrise with a morning herbal detoxifying decoction.
- There is a morning yoga session, tailored to the individual capabilities and flexibility of the body, and a separate program has been developed for each participant.
- The morning yoga session ends with meditation in a sitting position, followed by an Ayurvedic Panchakarma procedure.
- Panchakarma begins with Abhyangam therapy (massage with individually selected healing oil for rejuvenation and relaxation) and herbal steam bath.
- Abhyangam always begins with a head massage (Shiro Abhyangam), which is an important part of treatment with this type of oil therapy; its duration is at least 10 minutes.
- After applying the healing oil to the body for 40 minutes, there should be a 5- to 15-minute stay in the steam bath, which uses a decoction of herbs.
Afternoon procedures and activities
- Afternoon treatments always include a brief Ayurvedic Panchakarma procedure such as Shiro Lepam, Picchu or Vasti.
- In the late afternoon, Ayurveda and yoga training sessions are held, during which participants get to know the two ancient systems and understand how their own bodies function.
- This information is useful because it helps us avoid mistakes in our daily routine, as well as plan how to live in the future.
- At the end of the day there is an evening yoga session in which the body and mind are relaxed.
- Yoga poses such as Pavanamuktasana, Viparita Karani, Shavasana and other mind balance practices are used for this purpose..
Living in harmony and balance
This way you will be able to achieve your main goal – longevity in good physical health, mental balance and satisfaction.